Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spiced Oatmeal Cookies


There is a cookie that is sold at the Sundance Deli that I love, L-O-V-E, love, but because I don't drive up to Sundance on a regular basis (I've been thinking that I should get back into skiing just so I have an excuse to stop at the deli for a cookie), these spiced oatmeal cookies are a very close second.  They are crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside and delicious warm with a glass of ice cold milk (I really do put ice in my milk). 

 

Spiced Oatmeal Cookies

2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup shredded coconut
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cloves
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, combine oil, sugars, and egg and mix until combined.  Add molasses and beat well.  Mix in remaining ingredients.  Drop large spoonful’s of dough (mine were golf ball size-ish) onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.

Recipe adapted from Conversation with a Cupcake

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't wait to try this recipe!!! the cookies you are in love with at Sundance are my all time favorite. I always buy several to bring home to AZ whenever I go to Utah.

    I'm excited!! I'll post on the outcome~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little taste test between the Sundance cookie and the recipe I posted and I think using more brown sugar (maybe all brown sugar) will give you chewier cookie (more like the Sundance cookie). The Sundance cookie also had a little less spice. I am going to play around with the recipe just a bit. The recipe posted is still delicious and definitely my favorite oatmeal cookie.

      Delete