Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

This recipe for taco seasoning from Joy the Baker is so great because as long as you've got a spoon and spices, you can make your own taco seasoning in minutes.  I love that you can play around with the recipe (or spoonfuls) to make a taco seasoning that is just right for you.  I also love knowing exactly what went into my taco seasoning.  I can actually pronounce the names of everything and I like that.


Homemade Taco Seasoning

2 spoonfuls chili powder
1 spoonful ground cumin
1/2 spoonful sweet paprika
1/2 spoonful smoked paprika
1 spoonful dried oregano
1 spoonful garlic powder
1 spoonful onion powder
Half a spoonful coriander
Half a spoonful salt
Quarter to a half spoonful crushed red pepper flakes

Toss spices together.  Store in a jar.

*In the original recipe it calls for 1 spoonful of paprika instead of a 1/2 a spoonful of sweet and smoked paprika.

Recipe slightly adapted from Joy the Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment